Sunday, January 10, 2010

Where did the weekend go?

I can't believe how fast time flies!!  It's early Sunday morning already!  I am up because of this awful cold and bronchitis I have.  Woke up coughing up a lung  ( almost!) .  So I'm up waiting for my cough meds with codeine to kick in!!
Planning to go to the Queen Bee fabric sale in Antioch, CA later today with my friend , Laurie.   I really don't need more fabric, but how can I resist a sale!!!

I have almost finished packing for my trip to St Paul, Minnesota on Monday.  I have to go there for work for a week!  Hope I don't freeze!!  Trying to decide on whether just to bring a knitting project for the week or maybe some handpiecing stuff for my Grandmother's Garden quilt that I have been working on for 4 years!!  Decisions, decisions!!

I have almost finished cutting out my fabric for "You Need a Rita".  I'm taking a Linda Ballard class through my guild, Carquinez Strait quilters , later this month.  I always enjoy Linda's mystery retreats, but this was fun because I knew what the quilt will look like so it was a little easier to choose the fabrics.  I'm using a red and black batik print as my border and focal fabric with red, green and a off white small dot fabric.  Will try to post some pictures later - need to figure out how to do that!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment